About International SOUP
What is International SOUP and why in Helsinki?
International SOUP was developed in order to facilitate communication between the citizens of Helsinki, between us as Allianssi Youth Exchanges and the citizens of Helsinki and to empower people regardless of what they are doing in the local community.
We found out that is pretty difficult to get out of your comfort zone and step out of the ordinary, so we wanted to give people the chance of doing something more for themselves and for the community. That's why we decided to implement International SOUP and give the people the time and the space they need to do soemthing different.
There are a few interesting things that are happening at the event, and we dedicate International SOUP to whoever feels like they want to contribute in a way or another to a better community, through a better self. You can experience here many different things, that will help you develop yourself and find or polish skills that you always wanted or you just discovered!
- you can actually come up with an idea and share it with others, find like minded people and resources that will help you put in practice your project
- you can try volunteering at the event, get a taste of what organizing is, what non-formal education feels like while working in a multicultural environment with people from different countries
- you can exercise your role as a citizen, contribute and vote for what you think it's the best project - all in a safe space for you
- you can get out of your comfort zone and promote yourself and your work in a place where people are eager to listen and give you feedback
- you can learn more about international projects and actually go abroad after an event, though our organization
Read more, follow us on social media and keep an eye on our events, because we make it for you!