Jobseeker's Toolkit for Finland

Whether you are moving to Finland as a single person or with your family, you will have many questions that will need answering. 

Here you will find an extensive toolkit of reliable and up-to-date information from the etiquette of taking sauna to establishing your own business. Start here to begin planning your move and making your transition to Finland that much easier.

infoFinland  – a comprehensive guide in 12 languages about moving to and living in Finland

Steps towards starting a life and career in Finland – from the Finnish employment service

Why Finland? - comprehensive information about working and living in Finland from WorkinFinland, including info about work culture and workers' rights

Digital and population data service agency - promotes the digitalisation of society, secures the availability of data, and provides services for the life events of its customers

Welcome to Finland guide – A 63-page guide in 13 languages from the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment in Finland

Living in Åland – Finnish archipelago

Finnish taxation

All you need to know about the Finnish taxation system

Coming to work for a Finnish employer

Social Insurance

Whether moving to Finland temporarily or permanently, about to start work or looking for work, this guide covers all the basics on social security.

Quick guide when you move to Finland by KELA (the Social Insurance Institution of Finland).

Finnish Immigration Service

Finnish Immigration Service  Information on how to apply Eu registration, residence permit etc.

Finnish Immigration Service FAQ

EnterFinland – E-service for submitting your application to the Finnish immigration service  (you can also watch a video on how to apply through E-services)

Licensing and authorisation of social welfare and healthcare professionals


Recognition and international comparability of qualifications

Finnish national agency for education

Hygiene Passport

Those who work in the food industry must have basic knowledge of food hygiene in order to ensure food safety. 

A person has to have a hygiene passport if: they work on food premises and handle unpackaged easily perishable foodstuffs.

Food premises are for example cafés, restaurants, fast food restaurants, institutional kitchens, food shops, bakeries and factories producing foodstuffs.

Finnish Food Authority


You may look for a flat to rent from pages such as –online service

Online service contains information about public services, forms and news released by the public administration

Where to learn Finnish or Swedish

Studying Finnish online

Studying Finnish – how to find Finnish language courses.

Venla – Free Finnish online self-study material

Study Finnish or Swedish

Extra information

Finterest - web service for travellers in Finland

Expat Finland - an unofficial Finland Guidebook

General information on seasonal work and other employment opportunities in Finland 

There are work opportunities in different parts of Finland. You can find more information of the available jobs and working conditions in the links below.  In the links below you will find general information about working in Finland as well as information on seasonal jobs open to apply for anyone motivated to do physical work in rural setting. 

You can proceed your application through Eures advisor in your home country or apply directly. Please attach a CV in English to your application. You can use this template for example