Targeted Mobility Scheme (TMS)
TARGETED MOBILITY SCHEME (TMS)
Targeted Mobility Scheme (TMS) is an EU mobility scheme with the aim to match employers with hard to fill vacancies with skilled candidates across Europe. Target groups are jobseekers aged 18+ and employers from an EU country, Norway or Iceland. TMS supports jobs and work-based traineeships.
TMS financial support
When you have found an open vacancy from another EU country and agreed for an interview, you may apply for financial support
- 110–385 € for an interview trip
- 770–1540 € for the relocation in a new country due to employment or an interview
- up to 2200 € for a language course
- 440 € for recogntion of qualifications
- 770–1540 € for supporting the relocation of family members
- up to 550 € as a supplementary allowance. This is only for applicants with special needs.
Conditions of the financial support
- 18 years or older
- citizen of an EU country, Norway, or Iceland
- or long-term resident in an EU country, Norway or Iceland and apply for a job in another EU country, Norway, or Iceland
- must receive mobility services from EURES/PES
- must apply for financial support at the latest one day before leaving the country of residence and before the starting date of the new job, or before the interview
- financial support cannot be paid retroactively, and you cannot apply after having already moved to the new country of residence
- the duration of the employment contract must be at least 6 months
- working hours must be at least 50 percent of a normal working week
- fair wages and work conditions in accordance with national labour market law and praxis, such as collective agreements or minimum wage
- receive a salary from the employer and not just a percentage
- not receive paid travel nor temporary accommodation during the first stay from the employer, other project, or authority
- not apply for or accept a job with employment in one country and actual work in another country, so called posted worker.
How to apply:
You must apply for financial support before you leave your country and before the starting date of your new job. You can send in your application even if you have not yet received your employment contract.
You will find the application forms, instructions and more information here.
- Complete the application form, print, sign it and scan. Please make sure it contains the contact information of your Eures advisor and your handwritten signature. Application for financial support for relocation expenses
- Attach a copy of: your passport, travel documents/bookings, qualification/diploma or CV, job vacancy, account statement that shows that you are the holder of the bank account.
- Send the application together with the attachements by filling in this form.
Then the employer will be contacted and asked to send in a Confirmation of employment no later than 4 weeks after the first day of work. Any financial support cannot be granted until we have received the Confirmation of employment from the employer. Granting the TMS support may take several weeks.
You can reach us by email email@example.com
Where can I find more information?
You will find basic information of the project at the EURES website of the European Commission.
On this webpage of the Swedish Public Employment Service, you can find important information and the application forms of the TMS support.