Are you thinking of working in another European country?

Launched in 1994, EURES is a European cooperation network of employment services, designed to facilitate the free movement of workers. The network has always worked hard to ensure that European citizens can benefit from the same opportunities, despite language barriers, cultural differences, bureaucratic challenges, diverse employment laws and a lack of recognition of educational certificates across Europe.

The Targeted Mobility Scheme (TMS) is developed by the European Commission to reduce youth unemployment in Europe. The programme assists young people to gain valuable work experience in another European Union member state. It also enhances life skills through non-formal learning taking place when residing in a new country.

All learning and working related mobility is a source of empowerment and growth for all the actors involved: the mobile worker, who will gain new cultural, personal and professional experiences, and the employer, who will benefit from a multi-cultural staff characterized by different and complementary approaches, know-how and professional backgrounds. Movement of people means movement of cultures, intelligence and ideas and between European workers and citizens.

Mobility is also one the means promoted by the European Commission to strengthen the European citizenship, reinforcing the feeling of belonging in a common society and preventing stereotypes and racist phenomena. Mobility enables the construction of a citizenship based on reciprocate knowledge and on the sharing of everyday life.

If you are interested in working abroad please join European Job Days Events⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠