Ukrainian Community Center
The Ukrainian Center was founded by the Ukrainian Association in Finland in April 2022. Our aim is to unite Ukrainians around common values, to provide a safe space and friendly environment for Ukrainians to support their well-being and smooth integration into Finnish society, to share knowledge about Ukraine and to strengthen Ukrainian-Finnish cultural and people ties. We organize various activities for the Ukrainian community in Finland, including educational classes, integrational webinars and seminars, cultural events, wellbeing and hobby clubs.
The project start is flexible between mid-August and beginning of September and the length can vary between 6-12 months.
We are looking for a volunteer to assist in the center's daily activities. The tasks include for example:
- Developing current and creating new channels of social media for the Ukrainian Center
- Creating registration google forms, sharing in social media, processing forms, contacting registered people
- Arranging security checks and picking up attendees from the lobby
- Collecting information about upcoming events, classes and seminars, maintaining the calendar and keeping it up-to-date
- Maintaining clean and safe work environment
- Working with staff to accomplish tasks
- Native Ukrainian and fluent English
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Social media marketing skills
- Teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office tools)